HandBrake 1.0.0 is officially available to the public to download and install. The new version of HandBrake is 1.0.0 and its works great in Ubuntu. HandBrake is an Open-Source Multi video transformer available and updated for Linux Ubuntu and Linux Mint. It is supported on multi-platform like Windows and MacOS as well Linux distros mainly Ubuntu and Mint. This an easy to use app, so you can easily convert the videos to run on the iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc., and other smartphones. It is optimized for Linux.
HandBrake is a GPL licensed software to convert videos to almost any format on Linux. It’s a multitalented application which formats virtually any media file to any codecs. It can be installed via PPA so must remember to add the PPA repositories of it before getting the installation of the App. It’s different and multitalented video transcoder, which allow converting the videos. Here is to know more about the Handbrake 1.0.0.
HandBrake 1.0.0 Output Formats:
The following formats are highly supported on MacOS, Windows as well Linux. See the below list.
- File format like MKV, M4V, as well as MP4 output is available.
- Video formats like, MPEG, MPEG-2, Theora, H.264(x264), etc.
- Audio output like, MP3, DTS, AC-3, AAC, MacOS audios, Vorbis, etc.3
Features of HandBrake 1.0.0 on Linux:
- Title and subtitles.
- Chapter & with range selection
- Batch (Multi) Scan and Queueing of encodes features are available.
- Chapter Markers, with average quantity as well high video encoding.
- Supporting now for VFR (Variable Frame Rate), CFR as well VFR.
- Anti-Noise features, Grayscale and much more are added.
- You can preview the video before start conversion.
- Some conventional devices can the built presets also.
The software support all the previous version like see the below list. Also to know more about HB Get here.
What’s fixed in new Handbrake 1.0.0:
- Jason-based command line support.
- Audio and video fix with sync engine.
- Decomb filter settings are improved.
- VP9 video encoding support with the help of lib VP-X.
- Color presets support for HD 4K videos.
- Opus audio support with the help of lib opus
- Saving ability and queue improvements with additional features.
- Noted bugs are fixed. And much more fixations.
How to install HandBrake 1.0.0 on Ubuntu and Mint:
Directly install the above on Ubuntu and Linux Mint with the help of the below commands. Make sure add the PPA first. Then update the apt-updates and go for installations.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:stebbins/handbrake-releases sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install handbrake-gtk
sudo apt-get install handbrake-cli